Sunday, September 25, 2011

Make-up Haul

Hello!! I'm still alive and kicking!

It's been quite long since I last bought make up! Spent few hundreds SGD$ on all these, FEEL GOOD.
I went to this warehouse that import some of the US drugstore-brand make up stuff (NYX, ELF, Coastal Scents etc), recommended by my poly mate ShuHui! No waiting time compared to online purchase. LOVE IT!

I went on the first day and got hundred over bucks stuff, then I went home and realised I forgot to buy brush guard to keep my brush in shape, immediately went back the next day and get more stuff other than brush guard, talk about convenience.

Some make up stuff below are from cosmetics counter itself.


ELF Brush holder, NYX lip stick, MAC eyeshadows, OPI nail colors and nail crack, CARMEX lip balm and brushes.

Refer to image above:
ELF Brush holder:- to replace my old one.
NYX lip stick:- too cheap not to get few!!
CARMEX lip balm:- my current favourite lip balm other than Kiehl's.
MAC eyeshadow:- reliability already proven by the brand itself.
OPI nail colors and crack:- reliability already proven by the brand itself.
Brushes: Coastal Scents, NYX Kabuki brush (in pink), Bare Escentuals. Loving the kabuki brush! All these brushes are super soft especially kabuki brush, new brush for loose powder. :)

As I said, I went back to the store the next day and shopping to get more stuff!!!



Add-on to my first day haul:-
Brushes:- MORE brushes from Coastal Scents.
Brush Guard:- keep my brushes in good shape!
Brush Cleanser: Coastal Scents (not as good as compared to my MAC brush cleanser, more about it below)
MAC Bronzer: matte bronzer for contour purpose.
OPI colors:- can't get enough :p



Here are all my make up brushes (with brush guard)!

From brushes for liquid foundation (flat), loose powder (kabuki), contour, blusher, lip, and all kind of different eyeshadow brushes.

As you can see the pink color wording brushes. That's my MAC limited edition Hello Kitty Brushes that I bought a few months ago!! Love it to the max. The rest are mostly my new purchase from Coastal Scents. Rest assure the quality is as good as MAC but their price are so much cheaper than MAC.

Average price for a MAC brush could be SGD40 (cheapest) and up to SGD100 (per brush) depends on which brush you are getting, loose powder and blusher brush usually at SGD50-70+ etc. Don't remind me how much I got my Limited Edition Hello Kitty Brush from MAC. :(

Brushes from Coastal Scents about SGD10-30 (that's what I got mine, if you are buying online or direct from US drug store, it might be different), smaller brush like eye pencil brush only SGD 6 I think.. can't remember the price for every brush!

As for quality, I'm not sure about other Coastal Scents brushes, some might not be as soft but I bought all these at the store itself, so basically I feel and touch it before purchase. If you are buying online, just make sure you do research and read enough reviews to make yourself comfortable before you buy it.



Here are the brush cleanser I use.

So far I only use MAC brush cleanser (SGD20+ for a bottle? can't remember). I usually clean my brushes everytime after make up.

I bought this brush purifier from Coastal Scents for SGD16. I tried it out that day and I don't really like it. It's abit more foamy than MAC cleanser, you have to rinse your brush with water really well before you leave it dry, otherwise it will take forever and still damp. In another word, it is abit difficult to wash the cleanser off completely as compared to MAC.

I'm going to DIY brush cleanser, found some online recipe to DIY brush cleanser. Mix hand wash cleanser with olive oil! Need to try it next time otherwise I'm going to be so broke just to buy enough cleanser for my brushes.



Benefit make up! New found love. (Got it from Benefit counter)
Bought it few months ago, I'm absolutely in love with Benetint! It acts like a blusher and it can be applied on your lips too.

I wanted to buy Benetint since years ago and I keep holding on it because of it's price. For a blusher at SGD50+ (can't remember exactly!), I really can't get it! My usual blusher only cost me average of SGD15? hahaha!

BUT I love it so much so I decided to just get it! Say hello to natural rosy cheeks! If you are using liquid foundation, Benetint is to be applied after your liquid foundation, before loose powder. If you are using compact powder or 2-way foundation, you have to use it before your powder foundation. LOVE IT!

Benefit That Gal - Make up primer! It contains skincare ingredients to make it less harsh to your face. Non-oily at all because it has no SPF, just apply your sunblock before it. :)

Here are my new make up purchases! I'm not taking pictures of all my make up (TOO LAZY and troublesome), but most of it are from Chanel, Clarins, MAC, Ettusais, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Shiseido, Sephora, and all kind of others from Watsons!

Skincare coming up!

No comments: