Friday, May 20, 2011

Batam again!

Impromptu trip FTW!  Booked this trip REALLY last minute. I went during the Vesak day holiday, considered as long weekend to me because I took leave on Monday (Vesak day was on Tuesday). I was lucky enough to get the ferry ticket!

Been to Batam many times but haven't been to Harris Resort yet! I'm really a regular to Holiday Inn Batam. haha. I gave Harris a chance this time and it was good!

Harris Resort provides free wifi internet access within hotel area but you have to pay for it if you stay in Holiday Inn.


Dino Harris! :D



Room facing swimming pool, I love their huge pool! The pool is open until 9pm, good for those who want to swim but refuse to go under the sun!



The other side of the pool.





Sheltered. :)



King size bed! I stayed in their Funky Room(old wing) because the room is bigger and with a bath tub. If you like newer and colorful room, you may choose to stay in Trendy Room (new wing) but the rooms are smaller and without a bathtub.


Free pizza, quite yummy!

Except for the free pizza, it also comes with 30 mins bicycle ride, one set of bowling game, return transfer to Nagoya mall, free usage of jacuzzi. (!!)

Holiday Inn Batam gives me nothing....

Went to Nagoya mall as usual. The picture below? SPA!

My second time to Eska Wellness Spa. They are located opposite Nagoya mall. Overall not bad otherwise I won't go back for the 2nd time right? Talk about cheap spa!


Aromatherapy body massage, full body scrub, full body mask, massage bath and Indonesian traditional ratus for ladies. (Total about 3 hours)

I WANT TO GO BACK AGAIN, GIRLS!

(sorry for the censored part, my bra and undies lying around haha)



This is the Indonesian traditional ratus for ladies. It is a special traditional treatment for ladies to clean the vaginal area, remove unpleasant smell or use it after menstruation period.

Basically you have wear a huge sarong (without underwear) and sit on the chair with your sarong cover the whole chair. The smoke that wafts up from the bottom will then stimulate and disinfect the area.

It comes with my spa package and it was my first time doing it. A short 5-10mins treatment, really interesting and it was hot. haha.


Guess what's this! Their body scrub! I love their strawberry body scrub. Natural strawberry powder, just add some water to use as scrub! I bought a small tub back, they don't sell in bigger size. :(

So far I've tried their strawberry and chocolate scrub, I still prefer strawberry because I don't like the chocolate smell on my body, it smells like a real chocolate!



This is really a random shot, haha! A tiny grape spotted on the floor, beside a volleyball.



AYAM PENYET RIA!!!!!!!!! Totally addicted to it, ate it everyday! The kick-ass chili sauce is really inimitable. and I don't think anyone can finish it.

Ayam penyet with rice in Nagoya only cost around sgd 2. You can find Ayam Penyet Ria in Singapore (Lucky Plaza and Jurong Point, anymore?) but the price is around sgd 7! and abit different from the authentic Indonesia's.


Teh botol Sosro. This drink is a DISASTER. Omg really a traditional Indonesian drink. It tasted so weird!!! NO JOKE.



Random shopping at the supermarket.


Tidbits and indomee for the night!



Darker tone. and I realised I dont have any photo of myself throughout the whole trip except this.. (okay la there's one taken while i was eating ayam penyet, ugly!)

I might be going back in June again! Overall I think Harris Resort is good enough for a short getaway. :)

No comments: