Monday, May 18, 2009

Hong Kong Day 1 & 2

Finally im going to post about my HK trip.

Been watching drama - Starlit 心星的淚光 over the weekend and basically I cried almost EVERY EPISODE. watched till the 3am on Fri and Sat night, sleep and woke up with extremely puffy eyes, eat breakfast cum lunch brought back by andre, continue my drama cry again. sounds so stupid but I cant control my tears, way too touching!
________________________________________________

The weather in HK was cooling, maybe 27C during the day and about 23C in the night, windy.

Day 1 & 2:

  • Tung Chung - Tian Tan Giant Buddha.
  • Citygate Factory Outlet
  • The Peak
  • Granville Road


On board to HK.

We were on same flight with andre's friend, Christopher and his gf. A Singaporean but he's going back to Shen Zhen for his business, whereas his house here is like his permanent hotel, come back once a few weeks for his pub business at boat quay.

Like so coincidence! Hence, me and andre decided to visit Shen Zhen since they will be bringing us around for cheap food and DIRT cheap shopping!


I start shopping at Changi Airport before my flight. Karen Mok new perfume, saw it from the magazine so I went SASA to check out, but I din buy because it's too ex! Liyan got got 30ml from SASA at about S$48 or 58?

I got from airport duty free, saw it immediately after I check in. 3 bottles of 30ml at S$ 60. like more than 50 percent discount, actually it was S$40 per bottle but there were some promotion going on, so... how can I resist myself? helped liyan to get one bottle too.



On airport express to Kowloon.

We bought the Tourist Octopus package which includes:
Airport Express Two Free Single Journeys with 3 days unlimited travel on MTR.
Price = HK$300 (if im not wrong), which includes HK$50 deposit, you can do a refund on your last day.

We reached HK at about 8pm, so we decided not to take a cab since it's quite late and no point rushing back to hotel. We took the free K1 mini bus instead of taxi from Kowloon to our hotel.


and there it is, Novotel Nathan Road.


and they are using MAC! I love it~


There was some problem and we ended up being upgraded to an executive room at the smoking floor, the room have ipod dock! love love.

But what's up with MR.KHEW!

We had our dinner nearby and went back to the hotel. Switch on the TV, and tada, reported one swine flu confirmed case in HK.

me and andre was like -_-", first day in HK.

2nd day, woke up quite early for Giant Tian Tan Buddha, I dun really feel like going such places but for the sake of going......


Nathan Road. Typical HK street, like my dad said, it never change even after 30 years. lol.


We took MTR everywhere, since we got the 3 days unlimited travel.


A picture of us at Jordan station, 5 mins walk from our hotel.


So you can see people with mask everywhere on our 2nd day. the news keep on repeating itself and reminding people to wear mask whenever you got a flu/cough/sore throat etc.

and basically you cant cough on the train without mask on, coz everyone will start staring at YOU! and even move away from you. serious, there was one uncle coughing without wearing a mask, the person sit beside him immediately move away to other seat. LOL.

Back to Giant Buddha, alight at Tung Chung station, proceed to Ngong Ping 360 cable car.

It was ridiculous. why? that day was their special praying day, we queue for one and a half hour AT LEAST to get on to that damn cable car, we wanted to change to bus but it was super long queue too. plus the fare for cable car was slightly higher because of special day.

I was quite ZZZ about it, by the time we reached there, I totally dun feel like going UP to the statue.


there you see, Tian Tan Buddha. and we stopped here, lol.



Went back to Tung Chung station, had our lunch at Citygate Factory Outlet. I've got nothing to shop here, andre bought 2 PUMA racing shoes, I can see he loves it so so much. haha.
I got myself a small sling bag.


We took MTR to Hong Kong Station, went over to Central Exchange Bus Terminal for Bus 15 to The Peak.

After the long queue from Ngong Ping cable car, I've decided to AVOID all the cable car and ferry. Took a bus instead. cheaper fare too.


Taken at The Peak Tower - Sky Terrace.




The Japanese duno how to take picture! blur.


Rest for a while and we took the mini bus down to Central Station.

We proceeded to our next stop, Tsim Sha Tsui - Granville Road!

A shopping street. The price almost the same as SG, ladies footwear at about HK$120 (S$24), clothes and dresses at about S$30-40, design wise.. average only.




I bought Pantene Clinicare at super cheap price! i've using this range of shampoo for 1 year plus? used to purchase online at the price of S$12 (same price for shampoo and conditioner, 200ml only) and now I;ve got 2 big bottles at about S$9 each? SUPER CHEAP! bought masks as usual, enuff for my use for the next few months. Look at the BIG bottle of banana boat aloe vera gel. it's cheap too!

Had dinner there and dragged ourselves back to the hotel.



I love my Sony camera, love the effect!

To be continued.....

No comments: