Saturday, March 05, 2011

CNY 2011

My family and I went to Malaysia this year for Chinese New Year, it was a last minute decision by daddy. One thing that I don't like Ipoh (Perak) is the weather, super humid and hot!! !!!!!!

Visited some relatives when I don't even know who are they! it's my grandma's sister or something (paternal side).. those places are really.. kampung. Cousins and I need to FIGHT for 3G signal! Silly stuff like hold our handphone high up and waved around looking for a signal, dressed like an auntie all day because of the humid weather.

Nonetheless I enjoyed it. Small gathering with my cousins, though we seldom meet each other in "normal" days but am glad that we are still close, there's no restriction in topic. :)

Also, the scenery there is amazing. Something you can never find in Singapore.


old building.. architecture everywhere..


This is somewhere near Kuala Kangsar, further up from Ipoh, around TaiPing.


I've recorded a video but couldn't find it now. -_-


On the way home from the only shopping mall there, Tesco. (and nothing much inside), had fun eating waffle, malay fried keropok and also the worst milk tea on earth.


my popo's place after some renovation. My uncle is taking care of everything now.



the whole place is kinda huge, we walked around the place in the evening, love it! (not the mosquito bite)


neighbour's.





We spent our new year eve at home for steamboat dinner, it's a tradition.

Queued for our red packets when the clock strikes 12. Hugs, kisses, wishes are all you need to get ang pao. I took a video of us sending wishes and kisses to our parents, we were CRAZY, even our neighbours next door heard what we said. LOL. better don't post it here. :)






Happy Chinese New Year!! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

No comments: